Warriors of the Faith- How to write your faith when it gets hard.

 Many people are afraid to write about their faith because they think it will make them irrelevant. Because Jesus is  "cliche" or out of fashion. I myself have written books without God or Jesus in them, and that was because I thought it was easier to write them. The truth is, it is sooo much more simple to write books without God in them. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't put God in your books. 

    I find that most of the time, whenever I add God, or Jesus to my books, they gain so much more depth and emotion, bringing the story to life. For me, I have the hardest time actually doing this. I have to continually pause and think to myself, "Is this the right image to portray of God?"

    As Christians, we are called to a higher purpose and we know by the Holy Spirit what is right and wrong. Not to mention the Bible guides our choices as well. So whenever we put God into our stories, it will definitely get harder. It's not meant to be easy to share your faith in such a way as you correctly show others what a true Christian should act like. It's going to be hard, but again, the rewards are great. 

    What could possibly be any better than sharing your faith with readers? Not much, and when you take that step towards melding your faith and your stories, you'll find that even though you might want to give up and throw the computer across the room because you've tried a scene a thousand times, it will be much more rewarding. 

    I'd suggest, that for you to make this transition into a more faith based work, to pray and read the Bible on what we should do as Christians. I believe that our greatest call is to influence those around us with the word of God and to bring the good news to them, that's why we can get so inspired when we write. God is the reason behind our inspiration, writing, drawing, our very lives. So put that into action and get out there! Write stories that reflect God's commands and show the world what a Christian, it truly made of.



Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular posts from this blog

Finding God in the Pencil Strokes

When You Want to Burn Your Art

From Real Life to Cartoons: Part 1- Humans